10.22.2012

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY

My house is far from being complete design wise. But I can't help but be happy with the little things around here. For instance:

My desk in my office is always a mess. But looking back on this picture, it reminds me of how successful my etsy shop has been. I can't help but be grateful for that.

My inspiration board is another tidbit in my office that makes me smile. It's not complete, but every time I look up at It, I smile.

Tonia from the blog 'Chic Modern Vintage' came to visit from Texas. She brought me 2 beautiful brass trays and I finally got around to polishing one to place on my dresser in my bedroom. This is why blogging is so important to me. The friends you make is amazing.

After cleaning out my garage the other day (hopefully for the last time), I realized how much I miss painting furniture. I think it's time I resume.
It's nice being able to run out and grab the latest home accessory from Target (like the new line from Nate), but a $2 brass bowl from Goodwill can bring the same happiness!

My small collection of bread boards... I smile every time I see them, too!

And although my room isn't complete, seeing this picture reminds me that it's not far from it.

 

I know this post is pretty random, but it's just a reminder that although your home, life, or situation may not be exactly what or how you want it, there is always something that should make you happy.

Enjoy your week! L.D

 

6 comments:

Moni @ CL Journal said...

Love it! Although my desk area (lil corner in my apartment) needs to be more organized. I cannot wait until the day I move and get a room to do whatever I want. In the meantime, I have to have a corner.

Those trays are beautiful!

Barefoot in Blue Jeans said...

Every time I visit your blog I leave inspired. Every photo had something nice. Have a great night.
Tammy

Unknown said...

Love the brass tray and your $2 bowl. Congratulations on all your etsy success.

Help! Mama Remote... said...

First, gotta steal your dream board idea!!! Next week my mission at the thrift store is finding a beautiful frame. Looking at the things that makes us happy... Makes us happier.

Sing of Singature Style said...

Nice post. It's so nice to take a step back and appreciate the unique pieces you have in your home instead of always creating wishlists in your head that can drive one mad.

Brandi said...

I love that corner in your bedroom. The pillow, the chair, the artwork, all gorgeous.