3.05.2013

CAMPAIGN PROBLEMS

I mentioned that I wanted to swap out the campaign dresser in my family room for the French dresser that's in my living room.
 
 
It has definitely seen better days in this picture, ha!
 
The reasons for this switcheroo is because I wanted to paint the dresser a bold color. You know, something like this
 
Where is this image from? I keep searching, but I keep coming up with sites that have used it and not credited it back to anywhere.
 
 
But after a quick search on Pinterest, I realized that these dressers look quite lovely in softer shades, too!
 
 
 
 
 
Can't find the source of this piece either:(
 
 This image stopped me in my tracks! I usually would think that using a shade of white would be a no for this piece, but not anymore.  This is the only angle I could find, but from here, I'm sold! Well not completely.  Though I love this idea, I'm not sure if this would be too much white in the space.
 
 
 hmmm... maybe not? What say you?  Swap, lighter, bold, white?
 
 
 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

The picture with the green dresser is from Lara Spencer. That's her home, and it's featured in her book, "I Brake for Yard Sales" (Great book!)

I vote bold!

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

Thank you, Holly! Now that I think about it, I remember that!

Stacy of KSW said...

Wow lady, you've been busy. Loving the new look and I think a white dresser with all those brass accents would look fantastic against that mocha looking wall of yours. Is that the wall it will end up on?

Darnetha | ChippaSunshine said...

Lighter!

Marcia V. said...

The comments are divided! I so love the bold look. Great room thus far!

Angie said...

Go with your gut - or white! :)

Shavonda@AHomeFullOfColor said...

Hey chica! Love the new look of the blog. Im def gonna vote for going bold. Or at least some sort of color. A soft shade could be nice as well, but my vote is for bold.

Fly Away Home said...

I agree that you should go with your instincts. You have beautiful taste.

As for me, I am drawn to the bold (my taste). A bold color would infuse an unexpected punch to the room. I love the element of surprise.

A bold color would be a commitment, around which you'd need to accessorize. The white would allow you to change out accessories (and colors) depending on your mood and the season.

Happy challenges, huh?! :)

Rida said...

There are some general rules that apply to all furniture purchases, furniture stores prattville al but sometimes you have to consider more specific parameters.